Thursday, March 09, 2006

I did it!

Finally, I did it. I can make it true! My TOEFL score reaches 550 now. Surprisely, I am not mention about higer score at this time, 3rd time after 2 months in the United States.

First, it's on around first week when I came to USA, I didn't prepare anything before that but reading all grammar rules at night before test, so my score is not even reached my expectation-493. Second time is on end of IEP term, approx. 8 weeks later from first time, I think I took a lot of grammar practice test, just only one section that I can improve with taking a lot of practice, besides this section I think I should get better after 2-month-living-in-USA. However, 2 month is long enough to forget how feeling in the first time. Then when I took the test, I feel its extremely short and I never seen this kind of test before, it's pretty hard, but I thought my score would be better for sure. At last, 2nd time score was still not good enough even my expectation, it's 517. Another chance before next term of IEP began, pre-test of this term. However, I had only 4 days to make a practice and get ready for the test. Unfortunately, I was very busy such as going to temple with ar tom, studying at church on sunday, watching basketball. Because of that, I had only one day left. I decided to relax, do a little listening practice, read smallville handbook, and hit the sack. So, while I was taking the test, I did't feel I have to make 550, just do my best, actually I didn't even think about it and take the test another ways; go with my first instinct, skip a difficult one, that's all and get busy reading a passage I didn't understand.

Unbelievable, when I got a score, it's 553 o_O' what have I done?.... Anyway, passed TOEFL is not only a good thing, when I told that to others, first thing I heared, "glad with you, you don't have to learn this term anymore". That makes me confused because what about my skill? Even I can pass TOEFL, it doesn't mean I have enough skill to study in University right now, or to get a good score in GRE... In fact, I really want to go on with IEP to improve my english skill and retain a student status in US without going back to Thailand but how can I say to them? Do they think I wanna waste money? Oh, Nooo -_-"

1 comment:

*('v')* GiFt-GiFt.. said...

Congratulations!!

Now, it's your time....

Let's go to the success.

yeah-yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

*('v')*